Monday, November 12, 2012

A day in the life (of me)

Yes, it is a little narcissistic, but whatever. It's snapshot moments that we study and attempt to glean much information from once a fair amount of time has passed.

Today, I had to go to school, even though Veteran's Day was yesterday (Sunday). My mother said that was un-American. Considering all the soldiers in uniform around campus, I'd have to agree.

On a different note, I'm still living journalism: constantly writing, trying to improve my staff writing and editorial skills.

Whenever I write a story, I feel like I'm not quite doing it justice. I have an impatient, preoccupied audience to write for. Of course, if my writing was amazing, then they'd read it anyway (if they cared about the topics I write about). What a conundrum.

I feel I've found my niche in the Arts & Entertainment section. For awhile, I was wondering if I was taking the easy path, but really, it's harder. Arts are an incredibly important part of any culture, and it is arguably a unifying aspect. Here, people express politics, emotion, individual exploration, societal interaction, psychological processes...the list goes on. Arts & Entertainment is a form of news with a colorful costume.

In a couple days, I'll be Skyping with one of my friends in Germany. I think today, many take Skype for granted (I know I have). But there are also times when I'm grateful to those that created it. I can see parts of the world miles and miles away and maintain intimate contact with my friends and family.

To think in maybe five years, this technology will be outdated and nostalgically remembered.

This is just me thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List